tiistai 3. helmikuuta 2009

Pictures from yesterday and some discussion




These pics were taken by the digital compact camera I borrowed from a friend of mine. To be more precise it was a Digital Ixus 50 5 Mpix camera that has seen its better days already. I have to say im pretty delighted to the results which causes another brain-teaser.
Having pretty recently returned from a 10-day trip to Italy with all of my heavy camera equipment I now ask myself a question: is it worthwhile to haul of the metal in a heavy shoulder bag to get good pictures? That's a question many amateur photographers consider, only other way round, when justifying themselves the benefits of a new shiny digital SLR they see in the store window.The former question is unavoidably way harder to answer since the negative answer leaves all the expensive equipment purposeless. So let me return to the question later in order to have sufficient time to come up with the bullet-proof justifications.

1 kommentti:

Unknown kirjoitti...

from the angle of being energy-saving and purposes of taking only tourist photoes, for sure compact camera is the choice. moreover, one may miss a lot of chances to really breath the liveliness and beauty of the site by spending precious time taking photoes. anyway, someone did get way better photoes than me during the recently trip.(after seeing the photoes, my dad even asked about putting some photoes of me in the dinning room)