lauantai 11. lokakuuta 2008

day 11

As I've previously mentioned, I like to take pictures of people. Today I had a perfect opportunity to do urban portraits because Krista, a friend of mine, promised to join me. Although I had slept only some 4 or 5 hours, we get up early and met in Helsinki around 10 a clock. The weather wasn't that fine, I mean not the kind of weather one wants to hang around under the open sky. Ok, it was rainy, windy and grayish.

So we decided to get the underground to Kalasatama which is a couple of stops to East from the centre. I had an idea to shoot a portrait with long shutter speed and burst my fancy Metz flash handheld. But when we came to the underground stop, something suddenly arrested my attention. To be more specific, It was a stairway with yellow walls going down to the street. And because I'm into framing, the thing that there was nice window grates to take advantage of, inspired me even more. Thus I asked Krista to do couple of walks up and down in the stairs while I was pressing the shutter. Easy enough for me.


So after around 10 shots we continued to do a couple of more traditional urban portraits but due to the fact that only one can be named as a winner, this time it was a stairway photo that got its 15 minutes of fame! By the way what comes to winning, I just returned from a floorball tournament where my team lost both of its matches. Next one takes place at October 29th so I'll report on the results then.

Ei kommentteja: