lauantai 18. lokakuuta 2008

day 18

Sightseeing and pretending to be a tourist in Lahti today included for instance checking the following spots: skijumping towers, my childhood neighborhood, radio towers, the city hall, the sibelius hall and so on. We took plenty of pictures from each others and also some shots together. I found myself taking lots of pictures from Fei with her camera but when the weather got better, began to snap something with my black machine, too.

Actually I have to admit that I came into conclusion that Fei got better photos from numerous places that we paid a visit. That has to be either because 1) she has better visual eye for a photo or 2) the surroundings in my prior home city are too familiar to me, if you know what I mean...Actually it surely was a combination due to both of the facts mentioned above.

Any way, what comes to the picture of the day, I've first a story to tell you. That is my mom asked us to join her to meet my grandma to the hospital where she was carried in the beginning of the week. First I wondered whether or not it would be too shocking to her (grandma) to bring Fei with me, but my mother assured that it's totally okay. And when I thought about it again I just had to agree because even if she had some prejudice against foreign people (yes, old people in Finland might still carry some negative thinking for foreigners, especially as a girlfriend), she wouldn't probably remember it tomorrow.

So the three of us drove there and went into her room to say hi. It appeared that her hands were tied into the bed due to the fact that she was in an intravenous medication and had been ripping off the tubing. She tried to explain how sad it feels when she's unable to cross her hands together. My mom was luckily clever enough to tell her that the reason for that was to make sure that she doesn't fall off from the bed as has happened when she hurt herself. To be honest, the meeting was very emotional, even for me. Grandma was able to recognize me as "a person who she has definitely seen before" and Fei as "a person who's a new face in her circle". So they said hi and so on.

Suddenly there was a little bird which flew across the room to the hallway. I even managed to get a photo from it standing in the corner of the door. My mom is working in the very same hospital and so she found that sarcastically funny that we were using desinfection liquid into our hands while there's a flying creature in the surgery section. At all events, I'm finally able to bridge todays picture for the preceding. This photo was taken from the backyard of my parents place. Let those birds bring strength to my grandma to get better soon!

Ei kommentteja: