keskiviikko 22. lokakuuta 2008

day 22

So I woke up at 5 am and had half an hour to prepare before jumping to the airport taxi. With the driver I mostly talked about cars and traffic - as if I knew much about either.

In the flight I sat next to a business woman and didn't change a word with her. That's so Finnish. Arrived to Vaasa I took a pre-ordered taxi who drove me to my employer. Actually I took four different taxis today and spent around 150 euro for the fees. The last one was a guy around his thirties who drove a Merzedez from the 80's. I bet that no else would have taken that ride but I thought it was just cool - reminds me the atmosphere in some foreign country's taxis, most probably Thailand's. Even the cab driver was pretty mellow with his thoughts and drove me home pretty fast.

After 9 hours of discussion about the research I was free to go to the centre of Vaasa to do some serious photo shoot. Actually I walked from the main post office to the sea shore and back while the sun was falling down like stock market prizes lately. Oh what a brainiac comparison that was! Even though I just carried a 5o mm prime lens with me (didn't have much room in my suitcase), I still got a few shots that I liked.


By the way, I sure did leave the battery charger to my parents' place. Thus I have to live with the fact that there's three days to go before I get it back. As if there wasn't enough challenge without that!:)

2 kommenttia:

Kris kirjoitti...

What a nice shot. Actually really everydayish but still something really beautyful in it. Hope the battery problem can't stop you! :)

Henrikki IV kirjoitti...

I totally agree with the everydayish-statement. Maybe it's just because it's a foreign city to me that I published this picture. I mean, if I have taken a similar photo from Helsinki or Lahti, the probability to upload it would have been pretty low.

Thanks for the nice words and lets consider another photo shoot next week, shall we?:)