sunnuntai 5. lokakuuta 2008

day 5 - Economies of scale

So far I've been struggling quite a bit to get the POD done. Today it was the opposite. I woke up at 9 a clock and went to check my emails. Doing so, I noticed Tupu (a cat) behind the window. It seemed like a nice opportunity to get a portrait of her, so I went to the front door and opened it. In the same moment I crouched down, she jumper over me and ran inside. I followed her in the kitchen and managed to get a couple of moderate shots in consideration of rapidly moving object and low light condition.

After a very decent breakfast (cheers Aki & Maiju) I started the engine and began my journey from Nyystölä to Lahti. In the midway the weather started to get better so I did the unusual and parked the car in a bus stop. I spent around half an hour shooting pics with a 200 mm tele lens with the help of tripod. It was raining slightly but not too much to get the shots. I paid the most attention in composition and correct exposure since I wanted to get a clean landscape image. Having finished I gave a call to a friend of mine who's also into photography and asked him to shoot some landscapes with me. He did join me in spite of his major hangover and It was a nice session regardless the sunshine was already gone.

So the very successful day in photography left me in the difficulty of choosing the one and only image out of a few strong candidates. Fortunately I was lucky enough to get an opinion from the council that was composed of my room mate and his girl friend (or friend girl...). I would have probably made the same decision but thanks anyway!

Ei kommentteja: