keskiviikko 29. lokakuuta 2008

day 29

We planned to shoot some portraits in the afternoon light, and earlier this morning I was sure that we would get cool shots as the weather was cool. But it turned out to be all gray when I met with Krista. So we just wandered to square of Tuomiokirkko but there wasn't anything interesting. And if I wanted a picture of the church, it had to be amazing piece of art because we're talking about one of the most photographed places in Helsinki.

Later on we walked to the harbor and found a full set of commercial lights placed in front of the main door of a building. Like jackals we took advantage of the opportunity and had our own photoshoot in some others set! Even though the traffic was pretty busy in front the building, we got something to walk out with.

Still, I wanted to publish an other shot today since I've been lacking the chance to shoot "traditional" portraits. Tomorrow I'll go to Imatra and hopefully manage to take the POD from the journey!

3 kommenttia:

Kris kirjoitti...

Hey, the background turned out to be really cool!
By the way, am already looking forward to see the two last shots! (No pressure..) ;)

Henrikki IV kirjoitti...

About this pic, lesson learned - next time I'll use some "warming gel" with the flash. That's because now I had to compromise between the natural color temperature and the white light from flash, which is pretty challengin with limited period of time.

What comes to the other shots from the same spot, I'm afraid that they're not even close to the quality of this shot. That's due to many things: 1) the lens I'm using is showing malfunction with focus 2) the flash was just too hard to be fired in the right moment, handheld 3) I just didn't do well!

BUT, there's couple of cool pics from the last spot! So just wait a few more days (translates to weeks, sometimes) and you'll get them.

Kris kirjoitti...

hehe, allright :)