keskiviikko 1. lokakuuta 2008

no: 1

This day started with an unrealistic feeling in my head. Maybe it had something to do with last nights parties but it seemed very challenging - to use the in-fashion term - to do anything with my camera. That's also due to the fact that when I looked outside of the window and saw the very typical finnish autumn weather that can be described with only a single english word, gray.

In the given lighting situation and my personal mood, I decided to go for a after lunch photo session into the Helsinki University of Technology main building, that's one of the most famous works of architect Alvar Aalto. Because that's also one of the most photographed spots in the campus area, I wasn't sure to get anything interesting out of it. But things suddenly changed when a member of the tourist group entered the lecture hall and I got a chance to compose an image with her in the foreground. Since I wanted to start the challenge with a b&w photo, I used high sensitivity (ISO 1600) and underexposed the photo for nearly 1 stop. Then in the post-processing, in addition of setting curves, added I even more grain for a film-like look. So ladies and gentlemen, here's the lucky number one!



Ei kommentteja: