sunnuntai 12. lokakuuta 2008

day 13

Table tennis, also known as ping pong, is a sport in which two or four players hit a lightweight, hollow ball back and forth to each other with rackets (also known as 'bats' or 'paddles'). The game takes place on a hard table divided by a net. Players must allow a ball played towards them only one bounce on their side of the table and must return it so that it bounces on the opposite side. Points are scored when a player fails to return the ball within the rules. Play is fast and demands quick reactions. A skilled player can impart several varieties of spin to the ball, altering its trajectory and limiting an opponent's options to great advantage.

Source: wikipedia


Today I didn't have many ideas for the POD. But I've been planning for a while to go and take photos from ping pong players in the nearby house. Thus I went there while my laundry was still spinning in the machine and asked whether it was okay that I took a couple of pics from them playing. They were nice and so I stayed there for some 20 minutes.

I have noticed that it is easier to go to ask a permission to a photo if you have a reason for that. Also putting up your words in a right way helps a lot. For example there's a difference between "Can I take a photo?" and "Do you mind if I take a photo?". Similarly, picturing strangers is a nice way to get to know new persons. Maybe I even got a few new readers to my enermously popular blog!

2 kommenttia:

Sister kirjoitti...

I loooove black 'n white fotos!

The POD is also quite global-looking, it could have been taken almost any country in the world.

No animal pictures yet..

Henrikki IV kirjoitti...

Not yet, but we'll see if I still try to do that. I know, you have a very enthusiastic object for my photos back home! But the thing is, I don't know whether or not I've got time to pay a visit to Lahti before the end of the challenge...